Monday, January 8, 2018

Review: Love Between Enemies (Grad Night #2) by Molly E. Lee

Book Blurb:

Zoey Handler is ready to put an end to her decade-long rivalry with Gordon Meyers. They’ve traded top spot between valedictorian and salutatorian for years, but all that’s over now. Right? But after a crazy graduation speech prank gets out of hand, suddenly their rivalry turns into all-out war. Time to make peace with a little friendly payback.

Step one? Make him believe they’re now friends.

Step two? Show him the time of his life at an epic graduation party.

Step three? Don’t fall for his tricks.

Step four? Absolutely, positively, do not kiss him again.

So what if he’s cute? (Okay, hot.) So what if he’s charming? (Heaven help her, tempting.) So what if he apologizes? (That has to be fake.) She knows the real Gordon. And no matter how much her heart begs her to stop, there’s no turning back.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one epic party, complete with every high-schoolers-gone-bad shenanigan, and two rivals who discover maybe they could be something much more…if only they’d stop fighting long enough to notice it.

Read more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

4 Out OF 5 Stars

Genre: Romance, Teen--

Gordon woke up ready to take on the world and his graduating class speech, but after his dad drops a bomb about the family resturaunt closing, he feels like it can;t get worse- well, it did and that meant he was beat out for the full ride scholarship to Stanford by his arch-nemesis Zoe, the girl who has everything. In a spontaneous moment of crazy, Gordon puts Zoe in her place- in front of the whole school and their parents. This means war to Zoe and she will make Gordon pay in the worst way- even if she thinks he is attractive and he may be sweeter than she ever knew...

Entangled Teen, you might as well just assume that I will read any and all contemporary (as well as all the fantastic YA sci-fi/fantasy) books that you guys publish because I have yet to be disappointed. It is pretty much a given that I will fall head over heels for the characters and love every moment of the book as seen by all previous reviews. This was another example of such a freaking cute contemporary read that I sat down to read a few chapters of one afternoon and next thing it was hours later and I had finished the book- I was lured in by Branch, to be honest.

Aww I can't get enough of the cute, contemporary teen reads that I have encountered over the last year, and this was another fun example! I blew through the book in an afternoon, completely emerged in this unfolding drama and I loved how the entire story plays out within a day, pretty much the length of the graduation party mostly. It was a fun, fast book, low on the angst but big on the feels and it was just so freaking adorable! This is one of those books that I need a physical copy of to hug with joy and force on friends to read.

I love Gordon, he was such a sweet, considerate, hard working guy- most certainly not your average high school boy, and his first act of punishment was so out of character and he tried all he could to fix the problem. I just wanted to give the boy a hug, and then probably have an intervention between him and Zoe before things escalated. Zoe had her reasons for her actions and her character quirks, but really Gordon stole my heart with his smart boy charm that he had no idea he even possessed. And his relationship with his dad was heart-melting. I did find it interesting that Zoe had more of a relationship with her father than mother, making a kind of parallel between the characters with that dynamic as well. I did enjoy the mutual respect Zoe and Gordon had for each other, fully aware that the competition forced them to be the best they could be. Zoe stepped up and did an amazing thing, completely redeeming her in my eyes and it made me sigh with contentment with how the story played out.

I enjoyed the cast of characters that Molly brought to life, all different types of kids with unique situations and personalities. It was interesting to meet Braylen and Fynn and see the drama that was their relationship and I now I need the first book in the series to see how their Grad night played out (there were no real spoilers here since the events of both books take place at the same time and the same party!) I enjoy how this is a standalone but with peeks into the character that are featured in the other books in the series, which I now MUST get my hands on. Well done Molly, this is my first book of yours but it most certainly won't be my last!

​I received this title in return for reviewing purposes.​

No comments:

Post a Comment