Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Review: The Dragon Oath (Hidden Legends, University of Sorcery #2) by Megan Linski

Book Blurb:

Soulmates are destined to be enemies.

Emma

Last semester, I failed the man I love.

The kingdom is in jeopardy, and I’m a pawn in a conspiracy that will overturn the entire country. To save the people I love, I must play the cult’s games… and wear a mask to become the city’s most dangerous assassin, the White Rose.

My life is in danger each time I stop Ethan’s plans to protect the realm, for if he succeeds in saving Malovia, his own life will be forfeit. But I must keep the identity of the White Rose a secret, even from my mate. If Ethan discovers I’ve become a vigilante for the dark side, we’ll pay for it with our lives…

Ethan

The realm has been cast in shadow. My evil cousin and his venomous mate are ravenous for the throne, and if I don’t prevent their coronation, everything the fae stand for will be lost to war forever.

But the gods seem determined to curse me, for they’ve put a cunning assassin in my path. The White Rose has thwarted every chance I’ve had to restore my honor and keep my kingdom safe.

The mystery has begun to unravel. I will discover the woman behind the mask, even if it costs me everything.

The White Rose will fall. And it will be by my blade she meets her fate…

** A Court of Thorns and Roses meets The Witcher in this fae academy series. Ignite secret worlds and battle against dark magic in this shifter addition to the Hidden Legends universe.

You can find out more about The Dragon Oath on Goodreads

4.5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Academy, Another-World, Faeries, Heart-Wrenching, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural--

The Dragon's Oath picks up right after The Wolven Mark ends, with Emma disgraced by cheating and Ethan further away from the throne he deserves. They are still keeping secrets from each other, secrets that may break their new tenuous bond- but they have bigger issues than their hopeful romance and that is stopping the evil that is coming for Malovia and its people.

There was so much going on in this sequel, be it battles, lots of lies, truth bombs, eating disorders/mental health issues, family drama, court politics, secret societies, evil dark gods, angsty romance, as well as great friendship. I found it super easy to get lost in this world and be sucked into the drama, rooting for this hodge podge cast of characters and the never ending problems that keep piling up.

Ok, full disclosure, I love this series and this world and will happily consume all things by this author, but Emma drove me insane in this book. She was keeping secrets but then expected honesty at all turns, she lusted after Ethan and seduced him but then acted coy, and was overall super confusing (for both Ethan and me). I just wanted to shake her and tell her to be honest and everything would work out for the best- at least that is what my hopeful soul says! I did appreciate her strength in the face of her own personal struggles with her health and her overall positive attitude.

I discovered that there is going to be 6 books in this series and I am equally ecstatic that I get so many books set in this detailed, dark and magical world, and saddened because I can only imagine how much more heartbreak Emma and Ethan are going to experience over the next 4 books- and I will be here for each coming book! This is the perfect read for anyone who loves magical academy stories, with fae and all kinds of creatures and danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment