Monday, March 16, 2020

Review: Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove #1) by Elena Lawson

Book Blurb:

Jared Stone is a freaking wolf. And I don’t mean that metaphorically, either…

I thought I had it bad—living in my dead Dad’s old hunting blind in the woods, barely staying alive on apples and ramen…that was before the storm hit and destroyed the only form of shelter I had left.

Enter, Jared. The hottest—and most unavailable—guy at school. Except he wasn’t Jared when he pulled me out of the mud. He wasn’t even human.

As if that wasn’t unsettling enough, when he brought me back to his cabin, I found he wasn’t alone. Another guy, one I’d only ever heard about in whispers beneath the bleachers, was there too. Clayton Armstrong: bad boy extraordinaire. And it turned out, he wasn’t human either.

Mindf*ck, right?

At first, all I want to do is run away. But I have nowhere to go, and for whatever messed up reason, Jared is insistent that I stay. Despite Clay’s loud protests.

So, now I’m stuck in a cabin in the woods with two hot as hell wolf shifters. One who wants to protect me. And another who wants to eat me for lunch…

What could go wrong?

SHIFTED FATE is the first book in Elena Lawson’s new fated-mates shifter series. It’s a full-length paranormal romance you won’t want to miss about two swoon-worthy alphas and the feisty heroine caught between them.

Find out more about Shifted Fate on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Audiobook, Heart-Wrenching, Romance, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen, Werewolves--

I know I say this all the time, but I just adore werewolf books, especially the ones with the mate bond. I knew when I picked up this book that this was a werewolf story, but I had no idea what direction the plot would take and the crazy turns the author created kept me constantly guessing and on the edge of my seat. And yes, while this potentially could lead to a romance (and I very much want it to!), this book was not focused on romance (but man am I excited to see how this will play out!). Instead, this had a great start to world building and character introductions. I have so many questions I can't wait to have answered, this is my first read by this author, but man did she hook me hard. I didn't realize that this series is set in a world the author already created which means I now need to go out an binge all the other books in this world because I need more now.

Geez Louise, this girl can take a hit (both physically and metaphorically) and come up swinging. A picture of her should be in the dictionary next to the word resilient. Basically being homeless, trying to finish high school and work while keeping her living situation a secret, and dodging an abusive ex-boyfriend, Allie has it rough but still keeps going. I loved her and rooted her on, wanting things to go well even when I knew it was only a matter of time before another terrible thing occurred to her. Don't worry, the girl saves herself in this tale.

I am so excited about this series, more so than most books I have read recently and will try to contain my impatience to come back into this world since that freaking cliff hanger of a shocking ending. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes werewolves, strong capable heroines, high school drama, all things paranormal and surprising twists. Just a side note, there was some physical abuse in the story so be aware if that is an issues for you.

I listened to the audiobook which was well done, the narrator did a great job bringing Allie to life. Overall the audiobook was entertaining, I would listen to the next book on audio in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment