Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Review: Cursed Rebel by H.G. Lynch

Book Blurb:

My grandma always warned me never to trust a Faery. I never believed they were real...until I was kidnapped by one.

Finn is an obnoxious, mercurial Fae whose job it is to bring me to the King. He's gorgeous, but in this world, the prettiest things are the deadliest.

But if I want to survive the Fae realm and find a way home, I'll have to trust him...for now.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads and Amazon

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Faeries, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Teen, Witches--

Lucy grew up with the words of her grandmother in her head- to fear the Fey because one day they may come for her. Never believing that this was an actual warning, just fantastical tales from her beloved grandmother, Lucy was shocked when one came for her. Lucy is now in a world where everything is dangerous, being led to who knows where by the infuriating yet tempting boy Fin.

I love books about the Fey! Hands down, they are one of my favorite book topics to get my hands on. There is just something about the mischief and misdirection associated with them that I just adore. I had forever ago read the synopsis and seen the cover for the Cursed Rebel but did not really remember anything about it except a sense that I wanted to read it so I feel a little like I went into the story blindly- and I could not have been happier with the outcome. This was a fast, fun, magical journey that I enjoyed every minute of. It would be very easy to sit down and blow through the book in one sitting since the book itself was only roughly 200 pages and the author made the writing and the world very approachable. There was never a moment where my interest waned or I wanted to put down the story.

I will admit that there were times that I wish the author had gone into a bit more detail or drawn out a scene more that felt a little rushed or a conflict easily resolved (I would have loved an extra 100 pages to give me more details), but overall I really enjoyed this romantic adventure. I would love to have another book featuring these characters or at least set in the same world. I will for sure check out more by this author in the future.

I am voluntarily reviewing a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment