Friday, January 19, 2018

Review: Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book Blurb:

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is.

If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Heart-Wrenching, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

Alex has been on the run for the last two weeks since a demon killed her mother. Now, she is cornered in a warehouse by more demons, sure that she will not walk away from this time. But instead of death, she is saved and taken back to the covenant to face the punishment she deserves for leaving three years before. Given one chance to prove her worth, Alex trains hard with Aidan, the Pure she may have a tiny crush on. But things never go according to plan for Alex and there is more to the story that she is not being told.

Oh man, I forgot how in love with this series I am. I knew I liked it, enjoyed it when I read it, but I forgot the intensity of the emotions that I felt while reading this story. I read this book years ago when I first discovered the magic that is Jennifer Armentrout, but I decided to re-read the first book since I want to finish the series and needed a refresher. I found this book to be just as good the second time around as it was the first time and now I need to get my grabby hands on the next book. Oh and the new covers are absolutely stunning! I loved the original covers, but the new ones are just so eye catching!

Don't expect an easy read because the name of the game is heartbreak, danger, challenges, some more heartbreak, and having to make difficult choices. There is a lot of despair and potential doom, but there is also action, adventure, world building, magic, destiny and love. Expect an emotional roller-coaster, one you never want to end.

I highly recommend this for fans of the Vampire Academy series since it has a similar plot line of the two races hierarchy, a forbidden love and the fact this all goes on without humans evening knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment