Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Review: Long Witch Night (Red Witch Chronicles #2) by Sami Valentine

Book Blurb:

Lights, Camera, Poltergeist. A Hollywood dream becomes a nightmare.

Called to a movie set, Red investigates a haunting that threatens to turn a Christmas flick into a slasher film. Allied with a soulmancer, she has to save the Hollywood A-Listers from a phantom that wants souls instead of autographs.

Busting ghosts is easier than laying her own personal demons to rest. With a paralyzed mentor, a sexy vampire playing hard to get, and petrifying anxiety about her own mysterious origins, Red is struggling to find the holiday spirit.

Everyone wants their fifteen minutes of fame in Los Angeles, Red has to find out who is willing to kill for it.

…Before the poltergeist takes her out first.

Long Witch Night is the second book of the Red Witch Chronicles, an urban fantasy series containing magic, paranormal adventure, and vampire mayhem along with swearing, violence, and adult situations. Perfect for fans of Kim Harrison, Patricia Briggs, Jasmine Walt, and Ilona Andrews.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Ghosts, Mystery, Scary, Supernatural, Suspense, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Witches--

I have been looking for another urban fantasy to jump into and I know I found the right one. Keep in mind that this is a sequel and MUST be read in order for anything to make sense, the world and characters are slowly developing across the books and the plot is ongoing so do yourself a favor and start with book 1.

“You’re trying an exorcism? Do you know who I am, little girl?” Maxwell demanded.

“You’re god of the Dreamland, blah blah blah.” Red stood, folding her arms as she lifted her chin. “Well, consider this Ragnarök, motherfucker.”

Long Witch Way was so incredibly good! The first book in the series was interesting and peaked my curiosity something fierce, confirming for me that I was going to continue the series. But, geez, I never saw the second book coming! It was non-stop action, scary scenarios, near death encounters, ghosts and witches, terrifying battles, a touch of torture, angsty relationships with a love triangle (quad??), dreamworlds, tons of mystery and surprises, the best kind of group dynamics and character building, and just a tease of the truth that both Red and I are searching for. Yep, I did not want to put the book down and the ending yet again hooked me for more!

I know that the romance is not really the focus of the story, but let's be honest, romance is almost always my focus in a story. That being said, this story has suitcases, maybe a large car truck, filled with relationship baggage. It is convoluted and complicated, to put it mildly and I am so here for it! But I am team Kristoff, gotta love his undead, unsouled heart and his understanding.

Anyway, this was such a great follow-up to a already cool world and I am so here for more. This is the perfect read for any urban fantasy lovers, and great for fans of vampires, action and mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment