Monday, October 28, 2019

Review: Talented (Talented Saga #1) by Sophie Davis

Book Blurb:

With over Twelve Million pages read in Kindle Unlimited and Half a Million worldwide downloads, readers are raving about this #1 Bestselling Dystopian Romance:

"X-Men meets Divergent in a new way." "Intoxicatingly good."

Block out thoughts./p> Talia Lyons has one goal at the McDonough School for the Talented: learn to use her Talent as a Mental Manipulator to kill the man who murdered her parents.

Block out pain.

She'll deal with anything. The brutal physical demands. The emotional toll. Whatever it takes to reach her objective.

Block out friendship.

With only one year left in the program, though, seventeen-year-old Talia is suddenly finding it harder than ever to ignore the rest of her life.

Block out love.

Even worse, she can't seem to turn off her psychic connection to her first love...or quit thinking about her fascinating new teammate.

Feel only vengeance.

Ian Crane. The man who destroyed Talia's life. The one she's determined to eradicate.

Now focus.

It's time to kill.

THE TALENTED SAGA is a #1 Bestselling Dystopian Romance series about the life of a girl with extraordinary psychic powers, and what happens when a heart is torn between love and rage...

You can find out more about Talented on Goodreads

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Dystopian, Heart-Wrenching, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural, Survival, Suspense, Teen--

After the death of her parents, Talia has wanted nothing more but to train to be a Hunter and go after the man who killed her parents. Now that she is in her pledge year with TOXIC to prove she has what it takes to graduate as a Hunter, Talia assumes her life is just where she wants it to be. Never would she guess the devastating betrayal that was right in front of her face, the unwanted emotions one of her teammates makes her feel, or the challenges she never could anticipate.

I had intended to read Talented years ago, I bought a digital copy when it first came out and I had the best of intentions to read it. Well, fast forward years later and now I have! I can honestly say this was nothing like what I was expecting and I mean that in a positive way. The world the book is set in feels like a mix of the book series The Darkest Minds meets the Mission Impossible movies- with a huge dose of angst and all the feels. After a catastrophic environmental event caused people to have some sort of mutation, kids must be registered and go through a mandatory testing to see if they have developed some kind of gift (or shall we shall talent?)- be it mental or physical. Kids are sorted and recruited to become special operatives, sent on deadly secret missions due to the war the country is in.

The ending to Talented was a shocking terrible cliffhanger! We are in the middle of something crazy intense, life or death, and next thing I know the book ended. I have to know more, that is a fact (Another fact is that Donovan is a total jerk). I was already interested in the world and wanted the next book, but now I NEED the book, I have to know what will happen to Talia and her people. Sophie sure knows how to hook her readers because consider me hooked.

I listened to the audiobook which was really well done. The narrator did unique voices and tones for each character and her regular narration voice for Talia was perfect. I will say that occasionally she used a terrible, screechy voice for Talia when she was upset which really got on my nerves, but overall I really enjoyed the audio and I would gladly listen to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment