Thursday, May 9, 2019

Review: Finale (Caraval #3) by Stephanie Garber

Book Blurb:

Welcome, welcome to Finale, the third and final book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Caraval series!

Welcome, welcome to Caraval...all games must come to an end.

It’s been two months since the last Caraval concluded, two months since the Fates have been freed from an enchanted deck of cards, two months since Tella has seen Legend, and two months since Legend claimed the empire’s throne as his own. Now, Legend is preparing for his official coronation and Tella is determined to stop it. She believes her own mother, who still remains in an enchanted sleep, is the rightful heir to the throne.

Meanwhile, Scarlett has started a game of her own. She’s challenged Julian and her former fiancĂ©, Count Nicolas d’Arcy, to a competition where the winner will receive her hand in marriage. Finaly, Scarlett feels as if she is in complete control over her life and future. She is unaware that her mother’s past has put her in the greatest danger of all.

Caraval is over, but perhaps the greatest game of all has begun―with lives, empires, and hearts all at stake. There are no spectators this time: only those who will win...and those who will lose everything. . .

Find our more about the series on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Heart-Wrenching, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

Stephanie is a master at descriptive language and world building. Even if I did not love her characters and twisty plots (which I love both!) I would keep coming back to her stories for the world building alone. I feel as if I experience everything right along with the characters, be it the smells, sights or even the tastes. Caraval and everything surrounding it becomes my place too. The costuming is gorgeous and I have never been into elaborate dresses but I would make an exception in this case. But Stephanie is not so verbose and over the top with her language to lose my interest, but instead she immerses me and I never want to leave. And I'm gonna need to get my hands on Scarlet's mood ring of a dress because it is still my favorite.

I found Finale to have so much going on it was hard to put the book down to adult, I was afraid I would miss something. There was danger, mystery, deception, tons of surprises, amazing scenery, magic galore...and did I mention time travel?? Yep, time travel- if I hadn't been sold on the book before, that would have sealed the deal. I have no idea how Stephanie was able to weave so many strands and ideas together to create such a cohesive story, but the end result was incredibly successful.

And my favorite part- the romance. Mixed in the middle of the danger was some pretty freaking swoony romance that made me ever so happy. I loved seeing suave Julian blush over his feelings or aloof Legend be thrown off his game (I have so many moments I want to discuss but will hold off for fear of being a spoiler jerk- but feel free to contact me to chat). Let's just say if you like romance and feelings then you will enjoy what Finale brings to the table.

I loved that Finale was told from both Scarlet and Donatella's points of view, it made it really feel like this was a conclusion to everything that had transpired over the course of the trilogy, for both the sisters. I would love to have another Caraval book, be it a Fate spin off (cough, cough Poison?? Yes I know the Fates are basically evil and all but I loved them all so much, they were such cool characters and a concept in general!) or another adventure with Legend and the Dragna sisters, but I am incredibly satisfied with the conclusion to the series.

Stephanie has succeeded in making a fan girl out of me and I will gladly read whatever world she wants to write about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment