Monday, April 22, 2019

Review: The Warrior Princess (Alinthia #3) by Siobhan Davis

Book Blurb:

She’ll tear the galaxy apart to save them…

Captured by a special, secret government agency, Alinthia is now facing another new reality—one where she’s separated from the four guys who have come to mean so much to her. But she has faith in Dane, Coop, Maddox, and Beck, and she refuses to give up hope.

Until she discovers General Arantu and his despicable daughter have imprisoned her protectors and time is running out to save them.

Desperate to escape the government’s clutches and rescue her loved ones, Alinthia finds unlikely allies in the strangest of places. With their help, she finally understands what is required to assume full control of her powers and fulfil her legacy.

However, the more she uncovers about herself and her abilities, the more she understands how fragile the line is between good and evil, darkness and light, right and wrong.

Will she make the ultimate sacrifice in the name of love, or are there some lines that can’t ever be crossed?

Find out more about The Warrior Princess on Goodreads and pick up a copy from Amazon

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Aliens, Another-World, Heart-Wrenching, Mystery, Reverse Harem, Romance, Royal-Court, Space, Supernatural, Survival, Suspense, Teen--

Wow there was an unexpected level of sexual assualt that took place in this book. Warning for those who need it, there was super uncomfortable forced sexual deeds that were basically rape (the person kinda agreed to it but only as a way to save others from the abuse). Yeah, be warned, it was awful.

I loved the level of action that Siobhan created in this installment, be it either Tori training and discovering new powers to actually battles to the death, it was one action packed moment to the next. Also, Tori turned into a badass warrior- the title could not be more appropriate. She was all of a sudden determined, dedicated and completely competent, issuing orders and keeping everyone in line. The Damsel just rocked everyone's world and became the Hero in this one.

Can I just mention how much I love Cooper? He is my favorite of all the brothers with his personality and charm. I hope to see more from Beck and Maddox in the next book because I feel a little as if they were overlooked in this story and they are both great characters. And that brings me to Dane. Ugh, Dane. I thought he had potential in the first book in the series as the strong silent jerk type with a heart of gold- but I was wrong. He does not have a heart of gold, he is just kind of messed up. I know he experienced some terrible things in this book and I 100% cut him slack for his behavior since- but I did not like him before the abuse, nothing has changed for me. He can be left out of the story for all I care... Ok rant over.

The story ended on such a crucial detail that I am dying to know what will happen next! I have enjoyed the series overall and while there were some parts in this book that I would have preferred be left out, the action, danger and twists kept me coming back for more. I will say that I hope Tori and her guys (most of her guys) get some quality alone time to come.

I am voluntarily reviewing a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment