Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Review: Hitched: The Bachelorette by G.K. DeRosa

Book Blurb:

One innocent human girl. Twenty-five supernatural bachelors. Six weeks to choose the one.

When struggling actress Kimmie-Jayne Starr discovers she’s snagged the starring role on the next huge reality TV show, Hitched, she thinks all her dreams have finally come true. But as soon as she lands on the beautiful island of Mystic Cove, something feels wrong.

Sure, the twenty-five bachelors are heart-stoppingly gorgeous, but she’s certain they’re all hiding something—something supernatural. As she gets to know the guys, protecting her heart proves impossible when she finds herself irresistibly drawn to more than just one.

As a string of strange accidents on set grow deadlier, Kimmie realizes there’s much more to this dating show than she ever could’ve imagined. If she can’t figure out who’s behind these incidents, she’ll end up risking more than just her heart.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Angels, Another-World, Faeries, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural, Suspense, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches--

Kimmie-Jayne gave up her life to move to California and become a star, but after a few months she has no success. When her agent sends her to an audition for a reality dating show, Kimmie bumbles the audition and has no hope of getting the show. Color her surprised when the next day she is informed the role is hers- but the catch is that she needs to leave ASAP to start the show- and there are way more surprises that she could ever have anticipated. Maybe she should have read the fine print before signing the contract...

This was so much fun! Keep in mind this was full of ridiculousness but I enjoyed the story so very much! The best way to describe this story would be the television show The Bachelor meets all things supernatural/paranormal. And I was highly entertained by every antic the author through at the cast. I actually hate reality television but I LOVE fiction books with a reality television plot- that was actually the number one reason why I picked this up (and the cover is pretty!). We have the romance over-the-topness of dating 25 guys in a short period of time with the stress of eliminations, AND we have a potential dangerous mystery running in the background.

The negative to the book was Kimmie-Jayne. I know she was the main character, but probably my least favorite character in the story. She drove me insane with her naivety, gullibility and sometimes just overall lack of brain power. Every time something "supernatural" occurred, she would just do as instructed and close her eyes and believe whatever crazy lie she was told. The book would have easily gotten a 5 star rating from me if Kimmie had just not been so Kimmie-like. Also, why would you do a reality TV show hoping to find true love when you are hoping to make it as an actress? That fact too makes zero sense to the book, but I am able to overlook it in favor of my love of books set in reality television! I loved a majority of the guys, they were hunky, well developed and intriguing and I was just as sad as Kimmie to see them get eliminated.

I can honestly say I have no idea who Kimmie-Jayne will or should pick. Can she just have all the remaining guys?? FYI this is not a Reverse Harem- at least I am pretty sure it won't be... The story ended with 9 guys left and a shocking reveal and there is zero doubt in my mind that I will read the next book, and soon. I highly recommend picking up this first book in a new series if you like fun, every kind of paranormal, and the drama of the Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment