Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: Trying to Hate the Player: A Sweet Basketball Romance (Love on the Court) by Tia Souders

Book Blurb:

She was a professional.

She never meant to fall for him.

Jinny has just scored her dream job as a sports therapist for her hometown team. Everything is looking up until she discovers that her first patient is none other than, Emmett Hall, a.k.a. the team’s notorious player.

Emmett’s life was looking up, until he tore his ACL. Now he’s being cared for by his best friend’s little sister and the one girl who has piqued his interest.

But the rules were set.

A relationship is off limits.

Which they can handle…until the biting comments and witty retorts aren’t enough to hide their feelings.

If you love a misunderstood hero and a witty heroine, you’ll love Trying to Hate the Player. Full of laugh out loud moments with swoon worthy kisses. Perfect for the romantic in all of us.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads and pick up a copy from Amazon

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Hysterical, Romance--

Jinny just finished her years of school and hard work and landed her dream job of being a physical therapist for the professional team, the Pumas. But the bad news is that her first patient is her arch-enemy, Emmett. Emmett has nothing but respect and a secret attraction to Jinny, but he was warned off by his best friend and teammate, Dean- who is also Jinny's older brother. Emmett masks his feelings with rude comments, creating a combative relationship between the two. When Emmett realizes he can't keep his feelings to himself, he just just hopes Jinny can forgive his previous behavior...

**Keep in mind this is the second book in a series, each can be read as a standalone, but references are made to the previous book and relationship and the characters cross over. Feel free to read this one by itself, but you don't want to miss out on the wonderfulness that was the first book Fake Dating Her Best Friend's Brother (you can read my 5 star review of that HERE).

"It was soft and gently. It was like...kissing a dang-butterflies wings. It was the kind of kiss that makes your stomach swoop and your breath catch. The kind of kiss you want to lean into, to grasp with two hands and hold on to. The kind of kiss you give to someone you've been wanting to kiss for a long time. Not the kind of kiss you give to someone you hate or to prove a point."

Callie gasped and pressed a palm to her mouth, her eyes glittering with amusement. Jinny grunted. "That's not helping!"

"Sorry."

"And now I hate him even more. Because I won't be able to unkiss him. I can't just go back to BK."

Callie scrunched her face. "BK?"

"Before Kiss. Follow along. Haven't you been listening?"

I love this book so much! I was 100% committed to Dean and Callie's story in the first book in the series, Fake Dating Her Best Friend's Brother, and I had no idea how any other book could live up to that. Well, Trying to Hate the Player was just as good, but in a totally different way. Both books had super cute romances with characters I easily fell in love with and the ability to make me not put the book down (both books are easily read in a single sitting because they are fast, engaging reads that are hard to stop). But while Fake Dating made me so emotional and teary eyed, like my heart was potentially going to be ripped out, Trying To Hating the Player had me laughing (out loud, in public!) at the character's antics the entire book- plus the most swoony of HEA (I am a sucker for the epilogue!). Emmett might have stolen my previous Dean-love with his actions and determination. .

Now after having read multiple stories by Tia, I feel very confident in saying she writes my very favorite romance books. I would gladly read any more she wants to create and I would love if she continues this series (for completely selfish reasons because I want to see more Callie-Drew and Jinny-Emmett moments). In case you can't tell, I highly recommend this series for anyone who loves a sweet romance that is high on the feels and low on the sexual content.

I reviewed a complimentary copy of this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment