Saturday, March 31, 2018

Review: The Secret Heir (Alinthia #2) by Siobhan Davis

Book Blurb:

Is it her destiny to save them … or destroy them?

Now that Tori finally understands who she is and what’s expected of her, she’s in full-on freak-out mode. How will she save the galaxy from General Arantu’s clutches when she can’t even control her powers?

Add that to the lack of retaliation by enemy alien forces, and everyone is on edge. Especially when they uncover evidence of a strange alien symbol with possible links to humans, and the mystery deepens, along with their frustration.

But that’s not the only thing keeping Tori awake at night.

Confused over the horrific vision she experienced the night of the Herassan attack, Tori is terrified of revealing details of her protectors’ supposed fate, so she says nothing. Keeping stuff hidden never ends well, and as evil forces conspire against Tori and her four protectors, secrets and lies threaten to destroy everything they hope to achieve. While Tori grows closer to Coop, Maddox, and Beck, Dane remains distant, creating more tension and jeopardizing their bond.

Then an unexpected newcomer arrives, casting suspicion over everything they believe they know.

When Tori finally figures out what’s going on, will she have time to warn the guys? Or is their fate already sealed?

Find out more about this book on Goodreads and pick up a copy from Amazon

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Hearts

Genre: Aliens, Another-World, Heart-Wrenching, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

Tori has a lot on her plate, be it learning she is really an alien bound to four (hot) strangers who want to protect her, being the chosen one to save humanity, typical high school drama, her father's death, oh and the vision she had that she may be the destruction of the four brothers she has come to love. Tori wants nothing more but to be who the guys think she is, but she has doubts and when a new person shows up that Tori can't even try to compete with, she has no idea what to do or who to trust.

Keep in mind kids, this is not a standalone novel instead the second in a series that MUST be read in order otherwise you are completely missing out on all the plot, character development and awesomeness that was found in the book one, The Lost Heir.

Just when I think I can't love Siobhan more and I have found a favorite book by her, I read a new one that becomes my new favorite. The Secret Heir how now taken top spot in my Siobhan love (I am a totally fan girl)! There was so much going on in the pages, and I was sucked into the story. I read this book in less than a day because I could not stop myself, I was compelled to continue and see what would happen next. There was a little bit of everything from danger, action, deceit, heartache, attraction, battles, drama, make-ups and shocks.

Oh and did I mention the steam? Whoa, there was so much sexual tension oozing out of the book, yep be prepared for some very hot encounters as well as the potential for more to come...hopefully (go team Cooper and Maddox all the way- screw Dane (not in a fun way but in a vote-you-off-my-island kind of way), and Beck felt more like a little brother than a love interest to me, but different strokes for different folks).

Siobhan, why do you do this to me? I was lulled into an almost sense of security and the BOOM the carpet was ripped out from underneath me and everything is a hot mess! Ack, the ending to the book was crazy and surprising and a huge cliff hanger and I have no idea how I can wait months for the next book. Seriously, I may just combust while counting down the days. I just want to reread the book, hug it to my chest, throw it across the room from it's betrayal and force all my friends to read it- so basically I am completely in love with this story and highly recommend this series for any Reverse Harem fans out there!

I am voluntarily reviewing an advance, complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment