Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review:Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs

Book Blurb:

In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy's bond with the pack and her mate is broken, she'll learn what it truly means to be alone...

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Audiobook, Faeries, Ghosts, Mystery, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches--

Just when it seems like life is settling down for Mercy and her werewolf pack, a wrench is thrown into the plan. On a simple, quick trip to the convenience store to get eggs for cookies, Mercy is in a car accident and kidnapped. Waking up in a strange place, she has no idea what is going on, but she knows she needs to escape. Adam feels the moment something happens to Mercy, but by the time he gets to the scene, she is gone with no clues left behind. Will they be able to figure out what happened and how to fix it before something worse happens?

Can I just say how freaking excited I am that this book has dual narration from both Mercy and Adam?? The series has always been narrated by Mercy, but this was the first time that the reader got insight into what was going on inside Adam and I loved it! As a side note, if Mercy was my spouse, I would wrap her in bubble wrap and keep her somewhere safe (which she would never agree to) or at least have 24 hour bodyguards with her, because, let's be honest, this is Mercy and she has the biggest target on her out of any character I have ever encountered. It was really interesting to me that her aptitude for chaos is triggered by her unique heritage, something that makes perfect sense but I never figured it out. As a side note, I would love to have Mercy's parentage explored more in upcoming books and to have her "talents" develop...

This book introduced so many new characters that I hope to see pop up in other books, such as Larry the goblin king (hehe) and Matt Smith (not the Doctor... never expected that...). I feel like this book had the biggest cast of characters out of all the Mercy stories, and each was given a personality and character depth to set them apart as individuals, which I loved. The action was also present, which is something I have come to expect from Mercy, and this was no different with vampire battles, crazed werewolves, supernatural politics, and a powerful golem following her around. And the brief moments of Adam and Mercy together with their mate bond make me sigh with happiness, but that is just a side note in this story.

Keep in mind this it not even a little bit a standalone story, but just an action packed chapter in a very complicated developed world, so I highly recommend you start at the beginning or you will miss a LOT- and you would be sad because this is such an awesome series. I have read all the books in the series but I listened to the audiobook version for this one and it was incredibly well done, with a male and female narrator respectively for Adam and Mercy's chapters. I an so excited to see where this series will go next, and in case you can't tell, I am a huge fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment