Monday, May 8, 2017

Review: Losing Kyler (The Kennedy Boys #2) by Siobhan Davis

Book Blurb:

Condemned to repeat the sins of the past...

Faye thought losing her parents was the most devastating thing to happen to her, but she was wrong. Her uncle’s scandalous revelation has sent her into a tailspin, leaving her questioning her entire existence.

Everything she believed is built on a lie.

And the one person she shares a passionate, soul-deep connection with can’t be there for her.

Faye and Ky can’t be together. It’s forbidden. Though they are determined to avoid replicating their parents’ mistakes, caving to their feelings is as tempting as the apple in the Garden of Eden.

Ky had sworn off girls until Faye bulldozed her way into his life. Now, she’s his whole world, and their forced separation is crushing him. Once his manipulative ex resurfaces—hell-bent on ruining the Kennedys—he’ll do whatever it takes to protect his loved ones including turning his back on the one person he can’t live without.

Then tragedy strikes and all bets are off.

But is it too late?

When Faye needs him and he isn’t there for her, guilt and hurt threaten to obliterate their love. As they start to rebuild their fractured hearts, another sordid family secret is uncovered, and Faye worries Ky may be lost to her forever.

But can you truly lose someone if they don’t want to be found?

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance, Mystery--

Review contains spoilers of book 1, so don't read my review if you haven't read the first book, Finding Kyler. Book 2 picks up almost exactly where book 1 ended, with the bombshell dropped on Faye and Kyler that they may be half-siblings, not just cousins- Faye potentially the product of an incestuous relationship. Not only that, but Kal has been accused of rape and Alex and James are split. Everything is a complete disaster and Faye is left floundering.

I like who Faye is as a person. She has had a lot dropped in her lap in a very short time, not only losing her parents, uprooting her life to a new country with strangers, but also her emotional turmoil over pretty much everything in her life. And yes, she makes some bad choices along the way, but overall she is such a strong, caring person who has the weight of the world on her shoulders, but still does not lash out at anyone. But that is not to say she is a push-over, because she isn't (except for Kyler). Without her, the brothers would have easily fallen apart.

​I know that Faye lurvs Ky regardless of pretty much everything, but I was not a huge fan of him at times in this book. He did some terrible, hurtful things to Faye, and sure he has justification for them, but it was not good enough in my book to be redeemable (they way he was with Addison made me want to punch him). I know I shouldn't have, but I rooted for Faye and Matt so hard, they would have made the perfect couple. It would have completely changed the dynamic of the story, but still, part of me was looking for the easy way. As a side note, the few stolen moments were just as hot as I expected after reading the first book... yeah, Ms. Davis knows her steam.

I had so many other obligations, but I could not put this story down. The part that really pulled me in was the emotional connection I felt towards Faye. The author is fabulous at making me bond and empathize with her characters, they are so real to me and so different. Be it good or bad experiences in the story, I kept on reading because I was not capable of stopping. I needed to know what would happen next.

I received this title in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment