Monday, February 20, 2017

Review: Famous in Love (Famous in Love #1) by Rebecca Serle

Book Blurb:

Soon to be a series on Freeform, formerly ABC Family, starring Bella Thorne.

"A must-read for anyone curious about life and love behind the scenes."--Bella Thorne, actor and author of Autumn Falls

When Paige Townsen gets plucked from high school obscurity to star in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a bustling film set on the shores of Maui, and she is spending quality time with her costar Rainer Devon, one of People's Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie's famous love triangle, Paige's crazy new life begins to resemble her character's.

In this exciting tale of romance and drama, both on-and offscreen, Paige must adjust to a crazy new life without the daily support of her friends and family, while figuring out who she is--and who she wants--as the whole world watches.

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance, Teen--

Paige has always dreamed of become an actress, but for now all she has performed in is local community theater. But when an open casting call is happening in her home town for an incredibly popular teen book series turned movie, Paige decides to go out for it. Little did she know that she would be cast as the main character, or the giant turn her life would take.

I have been wanting to read this book for forever, and when I saw that it will be a television show this spring, I took the opportunity to read it before the show gives me a different impression (because I am so watching the show). Honestly, the book was nothing like what I expected it would be, but I mean that in a good way. I really liked that the story was based on characters who are playing in a movie for a popular teen movie (ala Twilight style), so it was a book inside a book, sort of...I was so caught up in the drama that is Paige (AKA PG) that time flew past and I was at the end.

Speaking of the end, OMG. I need friends to read this book so I can discuss the trainwreck that was the end of the story. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, Paige threw me for a loop. FYI, this is the first in a trilogy, a very emotional back and forth trilogy.

For those who do not like love triangles, then you need to avoid this book because the plot pretty much was about the love triangle and who Paige wanted to be with. Sure, there was other issues such as Paige finding out what she really wants for herself and how growing up and evolving can change they dynamic between friends and families, but lets be serious, it was about the boys. Both charming and interesting in very different ways, kind of like a yin and yang, and I have no idea who I think she should be with.

​And to play true to Paige's nickname, the book was incredibly PG rated, which surprised me when it deals with a love triangle between an unchaperoned inexperienced girl and the two Men (not boys) who were pursuing her. There was some kissing, but that was honestly it.​ Maybe next book...

The author's writing style was incredibly poetic, having Paige relate her emotions to the world and her experiences in metaphor. I really liked it, but I do not know how true it would be for most 17 year old girls to think this way.

I look forward to the rest of series because I have no idea how this will play out and I have low expectations for a happily ever after. Side note, I have the ebook and a physical book but I ended up listening to the audiobook and it was so well done, I now want to listen to the audio version for the rest of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment