Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Review: Finding Kyler (The Kennedy Boys #1) by Siobhan Davis

Book Blurb:

Two fractured hearts and a forbidden love they can’t deny.

You shouldn’t want what you can’t have…

Faye Donovan has lost everything. After her parent’s tragic death, she’s whisked away from her home in Ireland when an unknown uncle surfaces as her new guardian.

Dropped smack-dab into the All-American dream, Faye should feel grateful. Except living with her wealthy uncle, his fashion-empire-owning wife, and their seven screwed-up sons is quickly turning into a nightmare—especially when certain inappropriate feelings arise.

Kyler Kennedy makes her head hurt and her heart race, but he’s her cousin.

He’s off limits.

And he’s not exactly welcoming—Kyler is ignorant, moody, and downright cruel at times—but Faye sees behind the mask he wears, recognizing a kindred spirit.

Kyler has sworn off girls, yet Faye gets under his skin. The more he pushes her away, the more he’s drawn to her, but acting on those feelings risks a crap-ton of prejudice, and any whiff of scandal could damage the precious Kennedy brand.

Concealing their feelings seems like the only choice.

But when everyone has something to hide, a secret is a very dangerous thing.

Full of scandal, dysfunctional families, teen soap-opera-style angst and drama, secrets and lies, mean girls and catfights, lust and love, book one in the unputdownable Kennedy Boys series will have you flipping the pages’ way beyond bedtime!

My Review:

4.5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance--

Faye's parents just died and now she is being dragged half way across the world to America to live with an uncle she did not even know existed and his family. She realizes that she may be in over her head when she sees the level of wealth her new family has, as well as the loaded hostility from one of her many new cousins, Kyler. Faye sees the loneliness and heartbreak within Kyler since it matches her own, but his prickly exterior keeps her at arms distance. But she wants to be much closer, regardless of what is right.

I will admit that I was drawn to the story because of the taboo. So sue, I love a good inappropriate subject book, and yes I have read Flowers in the Attic and Forbidden, both books with even more uncomfortable family situations. I can say that this one was definitely my favorite inappropriate read, and I think it was because of so many other factors that the story also had. There were mystery elements with all the other brothers that Faye found herself in the middle of, there was tons of drama be it family or high school, some hot moments and overall it was a really compelling book with good writing.

​The book was narrated from Faye’s view and we get to see the transition she makes from a very broken girl into someone comfortable with who she is. I loved the dynamic between her and all the brothers, and how she can be such a big part of their family now. Before I mention Kyler, I just want to say that I kept hoping that Faye would start dating $$$(Adam??) because that would have made everything so much easier, and he was such a nice genuine guy. So anyway, Kyler. I really wanted some of the story to be narrated form him since half (ok most) of the time I had no idea what he was doing or thinking. The back and forth between the two created a tension I never even saw building until I was on the edge of my seat, totally uncertain what I was rooting for. Together? Apart? I really don’t know. I blew through the book in only one sitting because I could not put it down and I had no idea what direction it would go in next.

​I have already told lost of people they need to read this incredibly engaging train wreck of a book, and I honestly can't wait until I can get my hands on the next book in the trilogy. ​This book is not for everyone, be aware of that before reading. I have read other books by this author and this is now my favorite.

I​ received this title in return for my honest review.​

No comments:

Post a Comment