Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Review: When Stars Collide (Light in the Dark #2) by Micalea Smeltzer

Book Blurb:

We were like two stars orbiting each other—dancing around the possibility that one day we might collide. When we finally did, we opened up a black hole, obliterating everything around us. No one would be the same.

Least of all, us.

Waking up in Vegas married to the guy of your dreams sounds like a good thing, right? Not when you’re Thea Montgomery and said guy is your brother’s best friend.

Thea and Xander have always avoided the connection between them because her brother would never approve. Now, they’re married— the strongest bond you can have as a couple—and they’re not even a real couple…unless they want to be.

Thea wants an annulment immediately, but Xander’s waited too long to see her become his and he won’t let her go easily.

If she wants a divorce, fine, but he wants the summer to convince her that he’s the one. If at the end of the summer she still wants to end their marriage he’ll sign the papers, but until then…

All is not fair in love and war.

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance--

Thea wakes up in Las Vegas with a hangover and realizes that she in bed with a guy. Not just any guy, but her brother’s best friend Xander, the guy she has been crushing on for years. Oh, and yeah they got married. Xander wants to have a real shot at this marriage thing so he gets Thea to give him 3 months to convince her that they are meant to be. It is the start of a very interesting summer.

I am totally in love with this book. It was a cute, fast happily ever after that I literally flew through one afternoon without even realizing it. And honestly, I was so happy to have read it. No, it was not super deep and there were no answers to the world’s problems, but it was fun, had some hot moments, and I enjoyed my time spent with these two quirky characters. I guess this is the second in a series, but each is a standalone with different characters that all tie together. I did not feel that I was missing anything to the story, but now I definitely want to read more about Cade (the brother) and his past so I will need to get my hands on book 1.

I do enjoy myself some best friend/little sister forbidden type romances, which is what originally drew me to pick this book up. Both characters had had a thing for the other for years, but neither mentioned their feelings ever. I usually rave about the bad boy, but I am starting to really like the good guy characters, and that is what Xander is. He was sensitive without being emasculated in any way, perceptive, fierce, smart, driven (I may have a crush myself) and he treated Thea like a queen. Thea was outspoken, opinionated, loyal and basically had no idea what she wanted out of life. The two seemed like opposites when it came to most things, but their ideals matched. Can I just mention that my favorite part of the book was that the story did not use miscommunication between Thea and Xander as a plot device and that there was no relationship angst where the character’s battle their feelings and lay around being sad. The relationship dynamic was established pretty early in the story, and other outside factors were used to keep the plot moving forward.

I really liked this fun fast romance and I can’t wait to pick up more by this author. It was my first book by her but it won’t be my last.

I received this title from the publisher in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment