Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review: Shifted for Love by C a Tibbitts

Book Blurb:

Jace moved in with Fiona and her father when she was fourteen. Tall, lean, and hotter every day, he caught Fiona's eye on day one, and she has had a crush ever since. The problem is, Jace has never looked at her as anything but a friend. On Fiona's sixteenth birthday, her dad announces she is going to mate a shifter she has never met when she turns twenty-one. Zane, though cute and muscled, is arrogant, older, and not at all her type. One night, Jace finally sees Fi for the woman she has become. In a moment of weakness, he succumbs to her request for "just one kiss." A mate's addictive taste is something neither Jace nor Fiona can deny. Caught by a secret past, Jace believes he will never deserve a woman like Fi. However, Fiona harbors a deep dark secret of her own, a secret that may change all of their lives. Pepper Valley: A town where shifters, vampires and other creatures are a part of society. What will happen when two shifters fight - over a love that has been ordained, and one that is forbidden? They are caught ... and Shifted For Love.

My Review:

3 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance, Supernatural, Werewolves--

Jace and Fiona have had a bond for years, regardless of all the obstacles keeping them apart, be it themselves or outside forces. This short story tells the complicated path of how they overcome the challenges and find love.

I love a good shapeshifter love/mate story so I was interested to read this tale. I did not know that it was a novella before I read the book, and to be honest I would have not have started the story if I had known that it was only like 60 pages. I really don't like short stories, unless it is part of a bigger series that I am already familiar with. There just always feels like I don't get enough, be it plot, action, or character development. Well, I did feel a little adrift by this story.

The basic gist of the plot is that the couple keeps running away from each other, either due to fear of the other person's reaction to the truth, or because of miscommunication. To say the least, I am not a fan of miscommunication used as a plot device. It makes me want to scream, shake the characters and force them to talk. I was a little annoyed with the back and forth, but the plus side to the book being short is that it could only last for like 55 pages before it was resolved, so happy day.

So anyway, the world sounded really interesting with shifters and special agents and covert ops, but the story was more of a teaser than an actual book in my opinion.

I received this title in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment