Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth #1) by Adalyn Grace

Book Blurb:

Set in a kingdom where danger lurks beneath the sea, mermaids seek vengeance with song, and magic is a choice, Adalyn Grace’s All the Stars and Teeth is a thrilling fantasy for fans of Stephanie Garber’s Caraval and Sarah J. Maas’s Throne of Glass series.

She will reign.

As princess of the island kingdom Visidia, Amora Montara has spent her entire life training to be High Animancer—the master of souls. The rest of the realm can choose their magic, but for Amora, it’s never been a choice. To secure her place as heir to the throne, she must prove her mastery of the monarchy’s dangerous soul magic.

When her demonstration goes awry, Amora is forced to flee. She strikes a deal with Bastian, a mysterious pirate: he’ll help her prove she’s fit to rule, if she’ll help him reclaim his stolen magic.

But sailing the kingdom holds more wonder—and more peril—than Amora anticipated. A destructive new magic is on the rise, and if Amora is to conquer it, she’ll need to face legendary monsters, cross paths with vengeful mermaids, and deal with a stow-away she never expected… or risk the fate of Visidia and lose the crown forever.

I am the right choice. The only choice. And I will protect my kingdom.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

I am such a sucker for anything pirate and when I heard that this book was coming out I was so excited. It also didn't hurt that this is one of my favorite covers and I am a true cover snob. Not only does All The Stars and Teeth have pirates, but we have all kinds of magic (including some crazy death torture magic as well as fun happy magic), court intrigue, regrowing limbs and dissections, betrayal, lies, sirens, romance, fantastic sea beasties, more death, and SO MUCH ACTION!

One thing that I found different about this story compared to anything else was the fact that the main character had the darkest, most scary magic possible- the ability to torture and kill. In a world where there are all kinds of magics possible and you can choose what you want to have, the main character was forced into having death magic as a very young child in a terrible way (on purpose) so that way she could be next in line to the throne. In any other story, having this dark ability would make a character a villain, but here she was a princess, the champion for her people. And she was pretty kick ass, just saying.

I loved everything that was this book/world, I would not change a thing and I will try to keep my cool until the next book in the series (yep, this is a series) is released because the ending hurt my heart! Know going into the story that you will not want to put it down, blink and you might miss something, so set aside some time to just read and become fully immersed in this lush, detailed, dangerous and magical world. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes magic, court politics and battles for power as well as fierce heroines with a true moral compass.

No comments:

Post a Comment