Monday, February 11, 2019

Review: Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault (Glass Vault #1) by Candace Robinson

Book Blurb:

Some see it… Some don’t…

People in the town of Deer Park, Texas are vanishing. There is a strange museum, known as Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault, that appears overnight. Perrie Madeline’s best friend and ex-boyfriend are among the missing. Perrie and her friend August go on a pursuit for them in the mysterious museum. Could the elusive Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault have anything to do with the disappearances?

Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault is the start of a thrilling duology full of magic, danger, and romance.

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Historical, Mystery, Retelling, Scary, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

I am such a fan of the random and odd, such books like Vassa in the Night (this book sparked a huge debate in my book club but I stand firm that I liked the weirdness of it) and when I saw that Quinsey Wolfe was listed as a book for fans of the The Hazelwood (which was another odd story that I adore) I was so excited and completely positive that Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault was the next read for me. And I was correct! I loved every odd, quirky moment of this book and can say with certainty that there are no other books like this. The plot and world building was unique and so detailed, an experience unto it's self and I am not sure how much I can say without giving away any spoilers so this may have to be brief review so the next reader can find out all about the book on their own.

I loved the fact this was a mash-up of so many different things, be it fairy tales, legends or historical events, but with completely unexpected (creepy) twists to make it a new, different story- I may never think of Snow White the same, just saying. I seriously could not predict what was going to happen next and I loved every minute of the adventure. Also, what I thought was going to be the mystery or point of the book was actually only a small part of a much grander plot.

I am sorry if I sound like a fan girl here, but I am. I found this book to be so much more than I hoped when I started and I am so happy with what I read. Keep in mind that this is a fantastical, creepy mystery where reality needs to be suspended because this is an adventure outside what you are familiar with. My only complaint is the freaking, shocking, awful surprise that was the ending- and then the book ended! No! I need more, now...please?

Side note, this is a duology and thankfully both books are out so make sure to get both so you can jump right in to the next one- because you will want to asap. And Candace is a monster that likes to play with her character and reader's feelings...and I will gladly read more from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment