Friday, November 9, 2018

Review: OMEGA (Mackenzie Grey #4) by Karina Espinosa

Book Blurb:

Bodies drained of blood are scattered around New York City. With a serial killer on the loose, Mackenzie Grey is obsessed with solving the murders.

She dives into her work at the Supernatural Investigative Unit to forget about the events that dismantled her Pack a year ago. When the killer makes Kenz the target, she falls down the rabbit hole and discovers she has a lot more to do with these murders than she realized.

As her past creeps up behind her, she must swallow her pride and seek aid from old and new friends. Nothing stays hidden as Kenz learns a valuable lesson: rats swim.

In the epic finale of the Mackenzie Grey: Origins series, she will finally become the wolf she is destined to be…

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Another-World, Faeries, Heart-Wrenching, Supernatural, Suspense, Time-Travel, Urban fantasy, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches--

It has been a year since Mackenzie returned home from Scotland with her whole life ripped apart. With two of her best friends not speaking to her and her avoiding the man she may have had something special with, Mackenzie has thrown herself into work with the special police task force- and secretly finding a cure for vampirism. But trouble has come looking for her again, and this time she may not survive it.

Mackenzie frustrates me more than any other character that I have ever met! Seriously, I want to shake her and scream at the same time, she makes just stubborn, stupid, self-sacrificing choices that are unnecessary. And sure, she had the best of intentions, and she is a loyal person who would do anything for those she loves- but gawd, she is frustrating! The main plot of the book was interesting and I wanted to see how everything plays out, but the relationship dynamics were the things I was desperate to get scraps of, I had to know how all her bonds would play out. (and Cass was my favorite new character- I hope we see more of him!)

Sigh, this was such a heartbreaking book, I seriously felt like I wanted to rage or cry for the duration of the story- I felt like I was on an emotional tornado. And yet, I would not change a thing about my choice to read this series. Urban fantasy is my all time favorite genre, and add in the well developed people that Karina has made me care about, and I was so invested in how this book was going to play out. There was also tons of action here, with battles and odd drug induced journeys (don't ask, just read), and some big secrets were revealed that made my jaw drop and/or had me snoopy happy dance. I gobbled this book down within a few hours since I just could not put it down!

Technically, this could be the end (which I actually thought it was) but there were so many unknowns at the end of the book that I would love to have answered. So , of course, I did some research and discovered there is another Mackenzie Grey book that I need to get my grabby hands on as soon as possible- whenever that is, since I could not find a release date! Overall this series is fantastic, exactly what I want out of an urban fantasy and I can't wait for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment