Friday, June 1, 2018

Review: Challenge Accepted (Cleat Chasers, #1) by Jaqueline Snowe

Book Blurb:

Most college girls ‘swipe right’ to meet the right guy—Callie meets All-Star pitcher Zade while he’s buying tampons. College is all about learning, right?

How often do you meet your dream guy buying tampons at Target? Never, right? For Callie, a baseball-loving, closet chef, hardworking college student, it happened just once. The magic was too real, too fast, and too much so, she left the store without exchanging names. Fate worked in wonderful ways, right?

Zade Willows, the All-Star pitcher rumored to be drafted his senior year, gets what he wants. He has a fan club named after him who follow his every move but when he meets Callie, the game changes. She knows all his plays and knows how the game always ends: in heartbreak. Zade doesn't back down and is willing to try anything. He'll eventually get the girl, right?

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

My Review:

3 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: New Adult, Romance--

Callie is ready to join her best friend in college after her year off, and she refuses to let anything derail her plans to do well and show her parents she can handle college. When she meets an attractive guy in over his head shopping for "scary lady" supplies on her first day at school, she has no idea who he. Zade has the reputation of being a ladies man and the action to back it up. He enjoys being the star baseball player that everyone knows and everyone wants to be him- or be with him. Except this girl, this attractive, down to earth, baseball loving girl.

I have come to love sports romances this last year, be it teen or NA, they are just so much fun. Baseball just so happens to be my favorite sport (and the only one I really know) so I was super interested to read Challenge Accepted. I found the story to be a cute, fast romance between two very enthusiastic baseball fans. I will never think of Target again without thinking of the fun grocery date, which was hands down my favorite part of the book.

The relationships between both main characters and their people were the best in this book. For example, Zade and Zaria were as close as siblings could be and knew everything about each other- basically they were best friends. Also, the respect and love between Zade and his mom practically oozed off the pages between each of their phone calls or text. I appreciate a good lvoing family bond in my books and this provided that.

Friendship was also very important to both characters, making sure to spend time quality time with their friends, and help them be it emotionally or physically and I thought it was sweet. Greta and Callie were basically sisters and they made it apparent they would have each other's back regardless of situation or difficulties and it was sweet. I also need more books in my life where girls are their for each other without the drama- this was a refreshing read with the amount of importance it placed on the side relationships and how well rounded a person can be for more things than just the romance most books get hooked on.

Overall this was a fast read with realistic seeming characters. I had a hard time getting into the book and at times understanding motivations, but once I was finally invested in the plot and people I blew through the pages. I am definitely picking up more from Jaqueline in the future, hopefully another story featuring some of the amazing side character that Challenge Accepted introduced.

I am voluntarily reviewing a complementary copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment