You’d think a girl with the most romantic name in the world would have her pick of boyfriends.
But Valentine’s Day sucks when you’re single. Just ask Juliet Valentine, whose last name happens to also be the name of the most dreaded made-up holiday ever.
A romantic at heart, this year is especially hard on Juliet. Her sister, Layla, is in a new relationship, her mom’s match-making business is doing great, and her school’s new fundraiser is “Love-Grams.”
Juliet’s miserable, a little jealous, and lonely.
Quarterback Jared Black is the most popular guy in school. A star athlete, Jared tops the most-eligible bachelor list year after year. But to Juliet Valentine, he’s all but invisible. She isn’t impressed.
Jared’s never had to work hard to get the attention of a girl before. Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and he’s determined to ask Juliet out. After all, if Tyler can win over Layla, Jared ought to have a shot with Layla’s sister.
Unlike Tyler and Layla, charm, flattery and good looks won’t work on Juliet. So with the V-Day dance coming up, Jared uses the school’s Love-Grams to let Juliet know howhe feels. Should be simple enough, right?
Wrong. Each attempt ends up either in the trash or thrown in someone’s face. Juliet won’t play his game.
Now, without a date to the dance Jared realizes it’s going to take a Hail Mary to win the girl of his dreams.
1. Ideal Valentine's Day date?Juliet: Driving my Wrangler on muddy trails Layla: Dinner and a movie (The boys didn’t want to answer this)
2. Secret crush?Juliet: Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time. Layla: I always found Tyler cute. Tyler: Layla Jared: Juliet
3. Favorite holiday?Juliet: Christmas Layla: Hey that’s mine. Christmas. Tyler: Christmas Jared: Halloween
4. Are you a romantic?Juliet: I used to be Layla: Yes Tyler: I’m charming Jared: I don’t know.
5. Most embarrassing/outrageous thing done to get someone's attention?Juliet: I’m invisible. I like it that way. Layla: I may have got completely wasted and puked on the guy’s floor. Tyler: That was my floor, babe. I wrote her a letter. Jared: I sent candy but this girl threw it at another guy because she thought he sent it. Long story.
6. Hobbies?Juliet: Mudding, Video games, Baking, Soccer, and Reading Layla: Cheerleading and Shopping Tyler: Football, Baseball, and Cooking Jared: Reading, Football, and Hiking
7. Guilty tv/movie pleasure?Juliet: Flipped is one of my favs Layla: I love Beyond and Shannara Chronicles Tyler: I’m down with anything on ESPN Jared: Beyond is pretty cool.
8. What Harry Potter House would you be sorted into?Juliet: OMG I love Harry Potter! I would want to be sorted in Gryffindor, but I could be in Ravenclaw Layla: Uh … I’ve no idea what you are talking about. Juliet: Oh, she’d be in Hufflepuff. Tyler: Harry Potter? Hey J, what house do you think I’d be in? Juliet: You do remind me of Fred and George, so probably Gryffindor. Jared: Ravenclaw
9. Favorite school topic?Juliet: English Layla: Art Tyler: Math Jared: Science
10. Starbucks/coffee house drink order?Juliet: Green Shaken Iced Tea Layla: White Chocolate Frappuccino Tyler: Carmel Frappuccino Jared: Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa
Natalie Decker is the author of RIVAL LOVE series and the Scandalous Boys series. She loves oceans, sunsets, sand between her toes, and carefree days. Her imagination is always going, which some find odd. But she believes in seeing the world in a different light at all times. Her first passion for writing started at age twelve when she had to write a poem for English class. However, seventh grade wasn't her favorite time and books were her source of comfort. She took all college prep classes in High school, and attended the University of Akron. Although she studied Mathematics she never lost her passion for writing or her comfort in books. She's a mean cook in the kitchen, loves her family and friends and her awesome dog infinity times infinity. If she's not writing, reading, traveling, hanging out with her family and friends, then she's off having an adventure. Because Natalie believes in a saying: Your life is your own journey, so make it amazing!
Find out more visit: www.authornataliedecker.com