Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Review: Seeds of Eden (The Concilium #1) by A.P. Watson

Book Blurb:

Visions of decapitated corpses, pools of blood, and a masked executioner have haunted Evey for as long as she can remember. Torn between a life in the waking world and dreams of the dead, she realizes her normal existence is nothing more than an illusion. As the veil between reality and her subconscious dissipates, she begins to question her own sanity. Each night as she closes her eyes, she wonders what wrongs she committed to warrant such a curse. When a handsome stranger suddenly appears in Evey's life, he is able to provide her with the answers she seeks. However, the only thing more mystifying than Conrad's appearance in one of her nightmares is the undeniable attraction she feels for him. It is only when he confesses their fates and souls have been intertwined for centuries that an ancient secret is revealed. Now, the two of them must outrun a great darkness or it will claim their lives again.

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Historical, Mystery, Romance, Royal-Court, Supernatural, Suspense, Teen--

Evey has had horrible nightmares since childhood, and now that she is almost 18 they seem to have gotten worse. When she sees the boy who's death features in her dreams at school, she has no idea what is going on. When the boy and she meet, she starts to have vision flashes during the day. Evey has no idea what is going on, or if she is going crazy, but it seems like the boy knows more about her than she does.

So, to start, can I just mention how in love with this cover I am? It's gorgeous! And sure, I know you are not suppose to judge a book by it's cover, but let's just say I judged it pretty high after I saw the cover. That being said, this was such a cool book. I had no idea what the book was really about when I started to read since the synopsis is vague, which I now reflect on as surprising considering the title, but whatever. This story was a big surprise, and I could not have been happier with the story. I have never read about anything that surrounded the story of Adam and Eve, making this completely unique as well as engaging. I am not a fan of religions fiction, so I was a little concerned that the book would take an uncomfortable (for me) religious turn, but thankfully this story was more historical and fantasy based than religious based which I appreciated. I found book to be action packed, with mystery, cool supernatural elements like vision and reincarnation, as well as evil villains, the dead rising with a touch of romance. All the elements were blended together to create a fantastic read.

Oh my Geez, the ending was so freaking shocking! I had no idea that was coming and left me hanging. Beware, the way the story ended is abrupt and will make you really frustrated and desperate for the next book, which I could not find a release date for. The author does a great job of creating realistic characters that you root for, as well as a dangerous mystery that causes you to question everything. Not everyone will make it out alive, but you will need to jump into the plot to find out. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants something different for their paranormal romance or those just looking for a good read.

I received this title in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment