Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review: Addicted to You (Port Lucia #1) by Renita Pizzitola

Book Blurb:

In a sweet, sexy novel for fans of Abbi Glines, Monica Murphy, and Christina Lauren, the author of Just a Little Kiss tells the story of two friends who each want more—and the love triangle that’s holding them back.

In the sleepy fishing town of Port Lucia, everyone knows everyone, but Isla Diaz really knows Colby Callahan, with his blue-gray eyes and the tousled brown hair always tucked sexily into his cap. After all, Isla has been crazy about Colby ever since she can remember—even if he treats her like a kid sister. Now, without her best friend, Felicity, around, Isla spots a golden opportunity to take things to the next level . . . or at least wrangle a kiss out of Colby.

By random chance, a tropical storm is headed toward the coast, leaving them stranded together overnight—and there’s nothing to do but drink. As the evening wears on, Isla gets the feeling that her not-so-secret crush may finally release her from the friend zone. With her dreams finally coming true, Isla isn’t about to pump the brakes, but is this just a one-time thing? What if the next morning, she needs more than Colby’s prepared to give?

Little does she know, Colby would like nothing more than a real relationship with Isla. She’s always been the one. But there’s a very good reason he’s been keeping his distance. Someone else loves her too, someone who also means the world to Colby: his brother.

My Review:

3 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance--

Isla has been in love with her best friend Colby for years, but he has never seen her as anything other than a friend. But one night during a storm , the two end up having a passionate night that can't be taken back. Isla is afraid that this might destroy their friendship, especially when Colby starts to push her at other guys, namely his brother Landon.

This was a cute fast read, perfect for anyone who wants an easy romance read. This is the second book I have read from this author and she does a good job of creating fun books with a solid relationship that can be read in one sitting. This was not my favorite book ever, but it was engaging enough for me to pick up and spend a snowy day indoors reading.

I like Isla, she was fiesty, knew her own mind, was approachable and could easily be one of the guys. I would have loved to have part of the story narrated by Colby so I could see inside his mind, but that would have probably been even more frustrating to me than I found this story. My biggest problem with the book was that miscommunication was used as a plot device. If the characters had just talked about the 2 big secrets that they kept from each other all the angst could have been avoided. I hate angst that is unneeded, and boy was it unneeded here. I was super frustrated by Isla and Colby, but alas I am just a big complainer (or so I have been told). I would have liked the story better if she had actually been torn between 2 boys (and yes I hate love triangles, but they are better than lack of communication), or if the brother drama that was hinted at was the actual plot.

Yea for the happily ever after, I do like a romance that has an ending that I am perfectly content with. There were other characters introduced here (like Landon and Gabe) and I would gladly read another book about each of them so there is so much potential for more here. Overall this was a cute read I enjoyed and I look forward for more from this author.

I received this title form the author in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment