Thursday, December 17, 2015

Review: Winter Wolf by Rachel M. Raithby

Book Blurb:

Katalina Winter was prepared for life to change when she turned eighteen—but she never expected to actually change.

Learning that her birth parents were purebred wolf shifters is shocking enough. Now she’s expected to take her place in their unfamiliar world. Caught between two warring packs, Katalina must learn fast. One pack, led by the father she has only just met, wants to control her—and the other one wants her dead.

However, there is one bright spot to shifting, and his name is Bass Evernight. Tall, dark, and oh-so-handsome, Bass is the wolf that Katalina craves. He’s also strictly forbidden: a member of Dark Shadow, Bass is the son of her father’s mortal enemy. Yet deep down inside, Katalina’s new primal instincts howl that Bass is her mate. Can their love bring an end to the brutal war that has raged for so long, or will it spark the fighting around them into an all-consuming fire?

My Review:

4 out of 5 Hearts

Genre: Romance, Supernatural, Werewolves--

Katalina was having a great 18th birthday with her parents when they were attacked and her parents were killed. The strangest part is that it was wolves who were involved. When Katalina sees a wolf change into a boy right in front of her eyes she has no idea what is going on. It seems that she has fallen right into the middle of a war between werewolves and she is the prize.

I love werewolf stories, especially ones that use the mate bond. Nothing makes me happier than a good werewolf story that has mates. Maybe I am a sucker for lurv, but the idea of finding your lobster (Friends reference) and forever being together just makes me all warm and tingly inside. I was not familiar with this author when I started the book but I jumped at the chance to read the book based on the description and the pretty cover. Yes, I know you should not judge a book by it’s cover, but I do and I am not sorry, so there. It is human nature to be drawn to attractive things. Anyway, this was a new werewolf world that I was able to enjoy with a swoon worthy romance that made me ever so happy (every girl needs a Bass).

I found this to be a good start to what I hope is a potentially long series, where each book is about a new pack member or the conflicts that Bass and Kat have to face in their new world. I am intrigued by Kat's lack of interest in following Jackson's orders, I wonder what that means in the long run about Kat. I would also like to see more from Cage who seemed like a good guy and Toby who I love, as well as Nico finding the place he belongs. At times I found the writing to be a little simplistic in the way that conflicts were resolved so quickly, but I guess that is no a terrible things since it cut down on the potential for angst which I an not a big fan of. Overall I liked the book and look forward to more from this author.

I received this title from the author in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment