Saturday, October 3, 2015

Review: The Secrets Between You and Me by

Book Blurb:

4 wheels on a rusty truck * 2 gray eyes * 1 secret that could ruin everything...

All Hannah wanted was a summer break from being “perfect Hannah Cohen” and a chance to forget about the devastating family secret that could ruin her seemingly perfect life. So when she takes off for her eccentric aunt’s house in the mountains of North Carolina and everyone makes one big (wrong) assumption about her past, Hannah figures that it’s easier to live a lie than have to face the truth.

She never expected to make any real friends, like the hilarious and spontaneous Kate and Ashton, who drag her to late night bonfires and ice cream marathons. And she especially never counted on meeting Jude Westmore, the brooding bad boy next door with gray eyes and permanent oil smudges on his fingers, or that he would ever take an interest in her.

Between moonlit movie nights in the bed of Jude’s truck and nearly romantic Ferris Wheel rides, Hannah’s old life seems further away than ever, but can she keep her secret, or is the truth worth the risk of losing everything, including Jude?

THE SECRETS BETWEEN YOU AND ME is a companion novel to THE BOYFRIEND THIEF and the second book in Shana Norris’s Stolen Kiss series.

My Review:

4 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Teen--

Hannah has gone to spend the summer with her estranged Aunt Lydia after her father's drug overdose. Hannah's father is now in rehab and her mother fled to Paris to pretend it never happened, leaving Hannah on her own. She has decided to try and be someone else this summer, someone who does not live by the strict rules that dictate her parent's actions. This is the summer for Hannah to be free.

I had no expectations going into this book, but let me tell you that I absolutely fell in love with the story and the people. I am sure some people would call this a teen romance, but I really don't think of this as a romance more of a growing up story. I mean really, there was a total of 2 chaste kisses in the entire book and one "I love you" exchanged. I was caught so off guard by the story and the emotions that were dragged out of me that the last few chapters right at the end I felt choked up and teary eyed, which is not me at all.

Soo, I found out while reading that this is the second book in a series. I was able to read this book without any issues because holes were filled in nicely, but now I need to read the first book to find out what actually happened. The characters from the first book played a small role in this book making me intrigued to know more. I guess you could call this a standalone since that is how I read it, but I can see how the book would build from the first story. So do as I say and not as I do and read book one before this title to get some character development going.

No doubt about it, I loved this book and would very much so like to get my hands on the one before this story takes place as well as anything else by this author. It was so much more than a teen romance, more the story of a flawed girl learning to love herself and help those around her see that they may need help too. I liked how the ending was not clear cut, more of an idea filled with hope. This review is short, but I think that I felt this book more than I can describe the book. I can't wait to see what else the author has for me.

I received this title from the publisher in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment