Saturday, October 28, 2017

Review: Princesses of the Night (Royal Blood) by Teresa Fuentez & Tich Brewster

Book Blurb:

Tanya is a hardworking college student but her whole world is turned upside down when she meets a mysterious man on Halloween. All that she thought was fiction is now her reality. A night life filled with fangs and blood—and an evil vampire that wants her dead.

She and her friends are the chosen ones, destined long ago, to save this world from destruction. That’s not easy when your enemy is your sire’s son.

My Review:

2 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Mystery, Supernatural, Vampires--

Tanya has been having strange dreams that feel so real, where her cousin is attacked by a strange man, and she wakes up screaming. Assuming that she is just having terrible nightmares, she ignores them. But then on the night of Halloween, she and her 4 roommates go to a party that ends in an unexpected way. The five girl's lives are full of uncertainty and danger, with new supernatural turns that they could never have seen. They are now part of the vampire world, if they can survive it.

And here is my favorite Vampire to help me express my feelings.

So this will be a really short review because I don't like being negative and that's pretty much how I felt about this book. I spent at least the first 70 pages being super confused, as if I was dropped into the middle of a story that had been going on for awhile before I got there. But the blanks I was missing in the plot and the character development were never filled in, I went through the motions of reading the book but never connected to anyone or fully understood anything,but I stopped caring that nothing made sense. Also, the chapters at times were narrated by different people but it was never made clear as to who was the narrator and I was on character overload with all the people thrown at me but never given any personality or description, just names that ended up blending together as background noise. I just could not connect with the people or the plot and it was a chore for me to get through with the chappy writing.

Overall, this book was not for me but based on the reviews I read on Goodreads, other people have really seemed to enjoy it and it was an interesting unique idea that I can see growing into something interesting.

I received this title for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment