Sunday, May 8, 2016

Review: Bodyguard Dearest by Alison Foster

Book Blurb:

My name is Tris Kane and I'm so done with college and this whole town and the leash my gangster father wrapped around my life at birth.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget Tanner Hayes, my father's all muscle watchdog who lives in my shadow. He's my so-called bodyguard.

I don't need a fucking bodyguard! And I hate his rugged deliciousness. Tanner barely ever speaks, yet I can't stop thinking about him. He's always there.

It just makes me want to scream.

My Review:

2.5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Romance--

Tris wants more from her life than what she has, which includes life experiences and freedom. Instead she is stuck in her guilded cage with a hired bodyguard, Tanner, shadowing her every move. Every attempt she makes to run away is foiled by her personal nemesis, Tanner, causing her to hate him. After years of this antagonistic relationship, something changes. There relationship becomes something else, something more, but can they deal with the repercussions?

Can I just say that this book was more sex than what I was expecting? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sex in my stories, I just would prefer a plot with some random sex thrown in, not a sex book with a few moments of plot thrown in. This was a pretty short read at only 157 pages as per my ereader and I am pretty sure that there was like 100 pages of sex acts or the characters thinking about having sex. I was disappointed because I was looking for a complex plot dealing with a forbidden love between body guard and guardee with just a few stolen moments of passion/love until a big ending. Well, that was not this.

Also, the relationship between Tanner and Tris altered so fast with out any real reason or justification, just BAM we will have sex and now we are in a relationship, oh and by the way I love you. It was too much and too fast, I needed more details and more intimacy (not sex but talking and getting to know each other) between them before I can buy into the feelings thing. Also, Tris stated that she hated Tanner for at least a third of the book. Sure she lusted after his body, but that does not equal the ability to switch from hate to love overnight. Also, it made me slightly uncomfortable when Tris would reference herself as "a little girl" and "a cute little bunny" when it came to sex. It was so random and awkward. Tris seemed so immature most of the time that Tanner will have to care for her at times like she is a child.

I am sure that others will love this book and the intense sexual encounters that made up the majority of the book. If you are looking for a fast easy read with steam, this is probably the book for you.

I received this title in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment